How to Measure A Handbag
If you're shopping for a handbag at The Hosta or trying to determine the size of one you already own, it can be helpful to know how to measure it properly. Here's a simple guide on how to do just that.
To measure the size of a handbag, you will need:
- A tape measure or a ruler. We like to use a sewing tape, which is made from flexible cloth, but the plastic tapes work well too.
- A flat surface to place the handbag on, such as a table or a countertop.
There are four things you're looking for, the height, the width, the depth and finally the drop.
To get started:
- Place the handbag on the flat surface with the outside facing up.
- Measure the length of the handbag from the bottom left corner to the bottom right corner. This will give you the width of the handbag.
- Measure the height of the handbag from the opening of the bag to the bottom. This will give you the height of the handbag.
- Measure the depth of the handbag by placing the tape measure or ruler inside the handbag and measuring from the front to the back. Alternatively, simply measure from the outside back edge to the front edge.
- Finally, measure the distance from the highest point of the strap(s)/handle(s) to the opening of the bag. This will give you the drop measurement of the bag.
Note: Some handbags may have a curved shape, in which case it may be more difficult to get an accurate measurement. In this case, you can try measuring the handbag from the longest points on either side to get the width, and from the highest point on the top to the bottom to get the height. The depth measurement can still be taken by placing the tape measure or ruler inside the handbag.
You can find detailed measurements on each of the bags available for sale on The-Hosta.com on each individual product page. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.